Saturday 16 March 2013

It's Been a While (a very long while!)

Well, its been a good few years since I last posted in this and so much has happened.  Where to start?

The blanket was finally finished in November last year and now lives with me.  The knee has improved but will need further surgery eventually to replace it!  We have moved house again and live in Bedfordshire and have done so for the past year and a half.  I am now married and have a beautiful baby girl who is 3 months old and the blanket adorns her cot.

I went to the Spring Knitting and Stitch show in Olympia yesterday with a friend and I have to say it was much improved from the previous years.  The new hall looked great with all the light and there was so much space to move around.  One of the negatives was that the food was a little pricey so will be taking our own food next year. 

We took in a workshop from the Cross Stitch Guild about hardanger and we are now not so scared to try it.  Jane Greenoff was lovely and gave some really good advice to help us along. I have been trying out new techniques to add a little interest to my embroidery and hope that hardanger and drawn thread work will help do this once I get it to look presentable.

My Work in Progress at the minute is a traditional sampler I bought from the CSG but I don't have any pictures to show you at the moment as my camera is a bit iffy at the moment. 

Speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment